Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pizza Pierrot & His Van


"Pizza Pierrot: Artisanal Pizza",  April 15, St-Rémy-de-Provence. My first thought was, "Oh, No, not American fast food in traditional St Rémy!" Still, I was attracted to the little van which only comes several times a week, & compelled to sketch it. And then I was drawn to wander over. After a friendly set of "Hello's" in English with an Asian couple, I had a slice of the most delicious pizza I've ever had, ordered from the most handsome & good natured pizza man I've ever encountered. It's good to look beyond pre-conceived judgements, isn't it?

5 comments:

  1. Pizza niespodzianka (pizza surprise) :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. St Remy ou ailleurs typiquement français!!!
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour votre commentaire, autourdupuits. Je ne l'ai pas su, et après avoir lu ta réponse, j'ai trouvé le sujet du camion pizza sur l' Internet. Il y a apparemment beaucoup de styles! C'est pour moi un type de restaurant très agréable.

      Delete
  3. Quand j'ai vu cette aquarelle, je me suis dit "hmmm...ce doit être en France...". N'est-ce pas formidable de pouvoir reconnaître les arbres, les maisons et la camionette qui sert de stand de vente? Au marché en plein air, dans le sud de la France, beaucoup de produits locaux se vendent de cette manière, saucisses, saucissons, charcuterie diverse, fromages de chèvres, de brebis, de vache, pain artisanal, confitures, miel, etc...et aussi de la pizza!

    Upon seeing this watercolor, I told myself "Hmmm...this must be in France..." Isn't it wonderful to be able to recognize the trees, houses and the van that is a selling booth? At outdoor markets, in Southern France, many local products are sold in this way, sausages, saucissons, all kinds of "charcuterie", cow, sheep, goat cheeses, artisan breads, jams, honey, etc... and pizza!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!